Fortitude for Dance offers a variety of classes for both girls and boys, ages 15 months through Adult. For information on class placement, or for assistance in finding the perfect classes for your child, please contact our Director today.
Foundations 1 (2 years) Is an independent creative movement class. We focus on gross motor skills and the early basics of Ballet. We use props, and do light tumbles. This class performs in our Spring Show.
- Days & times offered: Wednesday 9:15-10:00am
(3 years) This class focuses on basic Ballet skills combined with gross motor skills. There is occasional prop use. We explore Tap dancing and basic sounds. This class performs in both our shows!
- Days & times offered: Wednesday 9:15-10:00am & Saturday 9:15-10:00am
(4 years) Foundations III builds Ballet skills to enhance their technique. We explore Tap dancing and basic sounds and patterns. This class performs in both of our shows.
- Days & times offered: Wednesday 10:30-11:15am, Wednesday 4:15-5:30 & Saturday 10:45-11:30am
*NEW Dance with Me
This is a parent and child class made up of a half hour of structured creative movement & gross motor devlopment and a half hour of an obstacle course, sensory and free play.
- Days & times offered: Wednesday 9:30-10:00am
*NEW Hippity Hop
Hip Hop for kids 3-7yrs! Dancers will move and groove to kids hit songs.
- Days & times offered: Friday 4:30-5:00pm
*NEW Tiny Tumblers
Tumbling for kids 3-5yrs! Kids will learn basic Tumbling, while working on flexibility and building a strong muscle foundation.
- Days & times offered: Wednesday 10:30-11:00am
Please note that all level students are required to take a Ballet class in addition to any other classes they wish to take. For example, if you wish to take our Acro and/or Jazz classes, you must also take Ballet. (This rule does not apply to students who only wish to take a Hip Hop or Tap class.) Ballet is the foundation of all technical dance styles and that technique is needed to successfully excel in other styles.
Ballet is the foundation of all dance forms and is a required class at FFD. Focusing heavily on technique, dancers will move through a series of exercises beginning at the barre then moving to the center and performing combinations including balancing exercises, turns, leaps, and jumps. Ballet develops the dancer’s alignment, balance, flexibility, grace, and poise.
- Days & times offered: Pre Ballet Wednesday 4:15-5:00 & Saturday 9:30-10:15, Ballet 1 Tuesday 4:00-5:00, Ballet 2 Thursday 5:30-5:45, Ballet 3 Tuesday 6:30-8:00, Ballet 4 Tuesday 4:15-5:45 & Thursday 5:45-7:15
Contemporary is a style generated by all styles of dance, although the majority of it is Ballet, Modern and Jazz. In contemporary we focus heavily on technique, and performing. We also explore pure movement and learn how to use emotions in dancing. We offer Contemporary for ages 6 & up.
- Days & times offered: Thursday 7:30-8:15
Tap dancing is generated by sounds tap shoes make when they hit the floor as a form of percussion. We combine Broadway Jazz and and Tap skills. We offer Tap for ages 3 & up.
- Days & times offered: Pre Tap Wednesday 5:00-5:30 & Saturday 10:15-10:45, Tap 1 Friday 5:15-5:45, Tap 2 Friday 5:45-6:15, Tap 3 Friday 6:15-7:00
Jazz is a style of dance brought together by multiple styles of technique. We most commonly explore Broadway Jazz, Modern Jazz, and Open style of Jazz. We concentrate heavily on technique and performance value. We offer classes for all levels for all ages.
- Days & times offered: Jazz 1 Tuesday 5:00-5:45, Jazz 2 Thursday 5:45-6:30, Jazz 3 Tuesday 5:45-6:30, Jazz 4 Tuesday 6:45-7:45.
Acro is a style of dance generated by heavy dance technique mixed with gymnastics floor based skills. All of our Acro classes explore tumbling but we do not focus on that alone. We offer Acro for ages 6 & up.
- Days & times offered: Acro 1 Thursday 4:00-4:45, Acro 2 Thursday 6:45-7:30, Acro 3 Thursday 4:45-5:45
Stretch and Flex
This is a class designed to help strengthen and tone, and increase flexibility and range of motion.
- Days & times offered: Tiny/Mini 1 Monday 4:15-5:00 & Junior+ Monday 4:15-5:00
Turns, Leaps & Jumps
Turns, Leaps & Jumps is a class desgined to enhance your technique with an emphasis on turning, leaping and jumping. This class helps all dancers strengthen their technique which extends across all areas of dance, regardless of the genre.
- Days & times offered: Monday 5:45-6:45
Boys Fusion is a class that teaches both Jazz and Hip Hop technique for boys. We offer this class for ages 5 & up.
- Days & times offered: Friday 4:30-5:15
Hip Hop is compiled up of a number of different forms of “street dancing”. It was created in NY in the late 70s as a way for people to come together and escape hardships. We explore all styles of Hip Hop such as Tutting, Break Dancing, Popping and Locking. We explore only age appropriate aspects of Hip Hop, and we keep it family friendly. We offer Hip Hop for ages 7 & up.
- Days & times offered: Wednesday 6:15-7:00
Our goal for our Performance Team is to give young dancers an extraordinary outlet for their ongoing love for dance. This is done through guidance towards new limits, positive encouragement, strong team building and creating a solid base of self confidence.
Tap dancing is generated by sounds tap shoes make when they hit the floor as a form of percussion. We combine Broadway Jazz and and Tap skills. This class is great exercise and builds rhythm. Our adults have a blast! Call to register.